Salt is a fundamental ingredient in all sorts of recipes. However, did you know that it also is useful in beauty? Due to its coarse texture, sea salt has excellent as an exfoliating hair product.
Are you wondering how sea salt can reduce the amount of oil in your hair and scalp? Continue reading to learn about all about this wonderful ingredient.
What is sea salt known for?
Sea salt is naturally obtained from the ocean. It’s not altered by any chemical processes, so it retains its basic properties. This is a healthier salt choice than the iodized version at stores. You can definitely benefit from this type of salt.
Get rid of oily hair with sea salt
Oily hair is caused by an excessive production of oil from your skin’s sebaceous glands. When you don’t wash your hair properly or often enough, this oil can build up on your scalp and make it difficult to remove .
Sea salt, unlike regular salt, comes from the evaporation of seawater, which produces an accumulated mineral formations.
The ability of sea salt to remove oil from hair is because the minerals actually strengthen your follicles and scalp. As a result, the build up of oil is reduced and your hair looks much healthier.
Sea salt also improves circulation in the areas of the skin where it is applied. This improves the supply of oxygen to your skin and scalp. Therefore, you’ll have faster hair growth, greater volume, and a much healthier scalp.
Now that you know how it works and are ready to try it at home, you’ll need to learn how to apply sea salt to your hair.
How to prepare and apply sea salt to your hair
- 2 parts shampoo
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of sea salt (30 to 45 g)
Preparation and application
- First you should pour two parts of your favorite shampoo into a small container that has been properly cleaned and dried.
- Add two to three tablespoons of sea salt (depending on how oily your hair is) to the container with the shampoo and mix well until the salt is completely incorporated.
- In the shower, apply some of this mixture to your hair, ensuring complete coverage.
- Be sure to massage your scalp with this mixture for five minutes and let it work for another five to 10 minutes.
- After that time, rinse your hair with warm water. It’s usually a good idea to do a final cold water rinse to close your hair cuticles.
- After this, apply a hydrating conditioner to help your hair recover.
You can repeat this process two to four times a week. After a month you’ll start to see excellent results from your hair exfoliation.
It’s important that you use this technique with moderation, because doing it too often can cause your hair to become dry.
Its use is especially recommended for people who notice excess oil on their scalp. Avoid using it every time you wash your hair, however.
Sea salt has been a real miracle for people who haven’t had good results from the cosmetic offerings in stores. It not only helps eliminate excess oil: it also speeds up hair growth and even eliminates dandruff.